12 Jul 2017
Yesterday the team got together and celebrated Kevin’s birthday with a lovely berry cheese cake. Kevin had a great day and a lovely evening with his family. His daughter, Lauren, made a sensational curry dish and a baked apple crumble cheesecake, which left everyone with a full belly!
Happy birthday Kevin!
Apple Crumble Cheesecake
What you need:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled muesli
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup silvered almonds
- 200g butter
- 500g Philadelphia block cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 (500g) small Royal Gala apples, 3 peeled and finely chopped, 2 sliced
- Chantilly cream for the top of the cake (normal whipped cream with a dash of vanilla and sugar)
How to make it:
- Combine the flour, muesli, brown sugar, almonds and butter and mix well. Press half of the mixture into the base of a greased and fully paper lined (ensure the paper extends 3-4cm above the top of the pan) 24cm round springform pan. Bake in a moderate oven 180 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes. Break up mixture on tray as it cools to make a crumble topping. Set aside.
- Beat the philly, caster sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until just smooth. Beat in the eggs then stir through the cream, mixed spice and cinnamon. Fold through the chopped apple then pour onto the prepared base. Arranged spliced apple over the top.
- Bake in a moderate oven 180 degrees Celsius for 35 minutes or until set. Cool in the oven with the door ajar. Chill.
- Pipe Chantilly cream to the top of the cake and sprinkle cheese cake with crumble
- Serve and eat!
This recipe is a slightly modified version of the recipe on the Philadelphia website. Click here to view the original recipe.
Follow the Professionals Christies Beach real estate blog for more interesting articles.
Happy Birthday Kevin!
Authors: Melissa Chaplin and Lauren Barry