Christies Beach RLA 266739
71 Beach Road Christies Beach
08 8382 3773
08 8382 7733Contact us
Spring is selling season… you hear this all the time, and yet winter can offer some great advantages for sellers if you use it well. Generally, there is less competition in winter, as most sellers do wait until spring. If you have a particularly snug and cosy home with a wood fire, or perhaps under-floor heating, the colder months can help showcase your property at its best.
So here are our Professionals’ tips for presenting your home during winter:
1) Make it snug! If you do have a fireplace, use it to best effect. Clean the glass and make sure those coals glow. If not, make sure you turn on the gas heater or the heat cycle on your reverse cycle air conditioner prior the open commencing. Buyers will love stepping into a warm home on a cold day of inspections.
2) Blankets, cushions and throws! Luxurious rugs on couches make a difference and can also add a splash of colour on grey days. Make bedroom furnishings look warm and comfortable with plush cushions and throws.
3) Lights and lamps: Make things bright. Turn on lights and lamps inside.
4) If you have any kind of hall stand or umbrella/hat stand – use it. Make sure it’s near the door at open inspections. Remember the welcome mat too so that prospective buyers can brush their feet before coming inside.
5) Fragrances can be quite effective. The smell of fresh coffee or freshly baked bread can be very alluring on any day and a cold day particularly so.
Our sales team can assist you with these tips and more, for inspections during the winter months.